Certificate Provisioning

Hi,

I’ve been trying to point my domain to my Netlify site (thegist.netlify.com), and I’m getting a message when I go to the domain that the site is not secure. When I check on the status of my SSL certificate in the domain settings, it says “Waiting on DNS propogation.” When I click on “Verify DNS configuration”, I sometimes get an error saying the domain “doesn’t appear to be served by Netlify” and sometimes I get a message saying “DNS verification was successful”. I’ve worked through the troubleshooting steps and verified that I can see “Server: Netlify” in the response headers and added the A record required on the domain’s DNS records. I’m not sure I’m doing something wrong or it is just taking time to propagate. Is there any way to verify if it’s actually going to propagate and when that might be?

Hey @samason, you might want to double-check that you’re not got any incorrect DNS records. If this is the case, SSL certificates probably won’t be provisioned.

Hi, @samason, and welcome to our Netlify community site.

It appears the DNS records are working now (and if not - please let us know).

My best guess is that the changes took time to take effect due to “time to live” (TTL) values in the previous DNS records (before they were changed to point to Netlify):