Can't remove credit card

Even having nothing else pending on this platform, I can’t remove my credit card information from my account because there is no button or resource that implements this feature.

I can’t be forced to rely on this site security that nothing will ever happen to my most important way of payment. I request that information to be deleted.

Hi, @cesar0010. We (meaning our support team) can delete the card information from the account.

We have sent you an email to the email address associated with your Netlify account, and we’ll communicate with you through that email to continue resolving this issue. (Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.)

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.

The staff has removed my credit card information, which made me very satisfied.
I am inclined to come back and use Netlify soon again.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @luke! Could you also delete the creditcard from my account? I also could not find the option in my account and I’m not comfortable with the automatic upgrades Netlify applies. (otherwise I’m a very happy user)

Hi, @vnglst. Please note that removing the credit card will cause any future domain renewals for the domains registered under this account will fail and the domains will expire.

You can also move those domains to another service if you would like to do that. We have instructions about the domain transfer process here:

You can still use the domains with Netlify (and even continue to use Netlify DNS) but the registration renewal will no longer happen through Netlify. After the transfer, the only thing that initially changes is the billing for domain renewals. Nothing changes unless you make other changes at Name.com after the transfer. (For example, you can change the name servers to move the domains to a new DNS service if you want to after the transfer but that change would not be automatic. That is a manual change you must make yourself at Name.com after the transfer if you want to do so.)

Please let us know if we should still remove the payment method from this account. If you confirm, we will remove the payment method details from the account, delete it from the backend payment system, and then reply here to confirm the removal.

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes you can still remove the payment method from my account. I will move the domain away from Netlify when it’s about the expire!

Sure thing, just removed it for you.

Hi @luke! Could you also delete the credit card from my account? I also could not find the option in my account and I’m not comfortable with the automatic upgrades and billings

hi there, we can remove your card for you if you’d like, @theshapeshopng.

Does your netlify account use the same email as you are using for these forums?

t************g@gmail.com

Hi @perry, yes it does use the same email. Thank you

Hi, @theshapeshopng. Done! The payment method information has been removed from both your account and our backend payment system. We won’t charge that card again (unless you were to manually reenter it again).

If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

1 Like