Can't edit the value of a DNS record of a domain managed by Netlify DNS

Hi all !

I’m using Netlify DNS to manage my domain.

It’s working great for mydomain.tld and www.mydomain.tld where my SPA is hosted with Netlify (on weird-and-funny-name.netlify.tld).

But I want to point the subdomain api.mydomain.tld to another-weird-and-funny-name.herokuapp.tld which hosts my application backend.

I went to https://app.netlify.com/teams/rmarronnier/dns/mydomain.tld and added api.mydomain.tld with the Add a new record button.

I must haved messed up because the value of the record is weird-and-funny-name.netlify.tld.

I don’t find the option to edit or remove it. And this little mention :

This is a system record that cannot be managed directly.

bashes any remaining hope I had.

What should I do to edit the DNS record value of api.mydomain.tld ?

1 Like

@rmarronnier, I’m opening a support ticket for this issue. Right now, the only way to remove the special DNS records of type “NETLIFY” is by contacting our support team. I’m following up on the ticket now as well because I believe I have found the DNS record in question and need confirmation before I remove it.

This issue was resolved in the support ticket.

For other people running into issues deleting Netlify DNS records marked as a “system record” (i.e., the NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6 type DNS records in our Managed DNS service), please let us know and support will be happy to do this.