Can I do multi page forms?

Hi folks,

after searching through the docs, what is not totally clear to me is if I can do multi page forms with Netlify? I know I can do separate forms each submitting its own data to Netlify but how would I capture data from multiple forms in one data entry?

Example:
Your contact details > next > (new page) Your personal details > submit form

Hi, @gazjoy, and welcome to the Netlify community site. :smiley:

The key here is that all forms at Netlify require an HTML version of the form for our post processing to create the form handler. So, the solution first requires making sure this HTML form exists in the deployed site HTML. It must be the ready form before any javascript is run on the page. This HTML version of the form can be hidden and or blocked from being navigated to by redirects, but it must exist somewhere in the deploy HTML.

This HTML form will cause Netlify to create a backend handler to receive the form submissions.

Then, the site javascript collects all the data in the multi page form. When the end of the form is reached and it is time to submit, the site javascript should submit the data as if it were a single page form with all fields included in the HTML version of the form (no extra or missing fields).

If there are other questions about this, please let us know.

1 Like