Can I disconnect site from git repo?

Hello,

I have a few sites running on Netlify and they are all connected to the same repo. As this eats up my build minutes I wanted to build it myself and just push the content to the sites.
But the sites are all connected and I can’t find a way to disconnect them… Can this be done somehow? Preferably via the API, but on the UI is fine too.

Thanks and best regards
Nik

@niklampe, welcome to our Netlify community site.

At this time, the only way to unlink a repo from a site is to have our support team here at Netlify do this.

The only workaround is to create a “dummy repo” which mostly empty and not used. If you link this repo to the other sites, it will stop the builds from occurring when the original repo is updated.

If you would like us to unlink the repo from the sites, please let us know. Please do so by posting either a link to the site in the Netlify UI or by posting API IDs

Pleas don’t post the keys, as this would compromise the security of your account. The API IDs however cannot be used without the keys are the IDs are safe to post publicly.

We’ll be happy to unlink the repos once we know which sites this should be done for.

Hey @luke

thanks for your reply.
I solved this for me by just creating new sites and then one by one switching over the names and the assigned domains. :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know how you solved this without assistance, @niklampe, as that method certainly also works.

If you ever want us to remove a repo (so you don’t lose the deploy history) we’re happy to do so.