Branch domain deploy also pushed to primary domain upon publish

I have set repo branches to deploy to subdomains of my custom domain. That is working fine. My branches push to my subdomains and deploy as expected. The problem arises once I publish the deploy.

When I publish the branch deploy, it also publishes the changes from my branch to my primary domain. I then have to revert to a previous deploy of my main branch on the primary domain. Is this how things are supposed to work?

I have auto-deploy set up from a private Github repo.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Can you show the latest git log (git log --graph --pretty=oneline --abbrev-commit)? Feel free to obfuscate the commit names and hashes. The tree view will help us see if any commits are going to the main branch too

Hope this is what you were looking for. Not a complete noob, but not a seasoned Git wrangler, either.

$ git log --graph --pretty=oneline --abbrev-commit
* HEAD -> kingdommarketing, origin/kingdommarketing) Corrected email & updated contact forms
* School & church contact form update
* First commit
* (origin/jimwyatt) CSS fixes
* (jimwyatt) Added results pdf thumb
* After Pull
* Uploaded church and school bgs and results pdf
* Updated PDF links
* Added church & school pages
* Renamed contact form
:...skipping...
* (HEAD -> kingdommarketing, origin/kingdommarketing) Corrected email & updated contact forms
* School & church contact form update
* First commit
* (origin/jimwyatt) CSS fixes
* (jimwyatt) Added results pdf thumb
* After Pull
* Uploaded church and school bgs and results pdf
* Updated PDF links
* Added church & school pages
* Renamed contact form
* Added name to page title
* First commit to Jim Wyatt
* Added LFS
* First commit

Haha about git, me too, I was just looking to see if if your commits were going to both of the branches.

I am a bit confused though, since I see 2 (HEAD -> kingdommarketing, origin/kingdommarketing), 2 (origin/jimwyatt) and 2 (jimwyatt), which I assume is the current status of the respective branches. Correct me if I’m wrong, but shouldn’t there be just one of each?

Not sure on the answer to that. I work on this repo from multiple machines, creating branches from one machine, then having to fetch them into a different machine. Some of those commits were also made directly in the Github web interface (primarily file uploads).

Hey @david.wyatt,
Could you please share your Netlify site URL so we can take a look at your settings there?