Hi there Netlify team, first of all congrats on the new Analytics feature. I signed in since day one, both because I wanted a server side solution and also to support your excellent work
Don’t know if this is the right way to add a Discord topic, but instead of creating 5 items I preferred to condense the feedback in a single entry, I hope that’s not an issue.
These are things I feel the Analytics panel is missing that I would need/love as a user:
- A way to select a specific period of time. It would be really good if I could segreagate data for only a week or certain period, go back in time as much as I can, and later decide the frequency displayed in the graphics, i.e.: from Jun 10 to Jun 28, display weekly frequency. This is also really useful to track 404s in a specific range of time and trouble-shooting it.
- Are you thinking on detecting requests made by robots and segregate them? I would be really cool to help normalize data if I have the option to actually display on parallel how many of those calls were coming from robots, similarly how Cloudflare does, both in numbers but also as a second line in the graphic.
- I’ve seen the main panel on top changing metrics, for example Unique Visitors first displayed the amount by the time range, now it’s displaying a random average configuration of it which feels more a post-data analysis, would it be possible to select how we want that data to be displayed?
- Right now the tables like the most visited pages have a limited number of entries, will it be possible in the future to gather all the data without a limited number of rows?
- It would be awesome, in case you aren’t thinking about it already, to have a way to opt-in for a monthly report on analytics per site, to compare month to months the delta changes in some metrics.
That’s it for now. I hoipe the feedback is useful and I can’t wait to see what you folks come up with next