Auth logged-in user to re-enter their password

Is their a first class solution that enables you to force a logged-in user to re-enter their password before being allowed access to a resource using Netlify auth if the logged-in user has been inactive for a period of time?

I.e. If I am using Stripe as a developer and I leave the tab open but un-used for a number of hours then before I can perform any ‘important actions’ I am prompted to re-submit my password. I am not actually logged out, I can still access my account and view data, but if I try and perform an important function, i.e. change a config var, then I am prompted to re-submit my password.

I have had a look around the docs and git hub repo for the Netlify identity widget but I cant see any obvious mentions of this kind of native behaviour?

Thanks

Hi @chris_johnson, welcome to the community!

I don’t think there is a built-in solution for what you are describing. You would need to implement the functionality to check when the existing JWT was created and perform what you need from there.

You could also file a feature request here: Issues · netlify/netlify-identity-widget · GitHub.