API_ERROR: At least one email address must be verified to do that

I recently added the Netlify CMS to a work-in-progress Gatsby site that was already using Netlify to deploy.

I’m using git gateway and Identity. For weeks, I was able to publish and use the editorial workflow as expected, but now I’m receiving this error when I attempt to publish or save a post:

Failed to update status: API_ERROR: At least one email address must be verified to do that.

I can’t pinpoint anything relevant that has changed and can’t track down the source of this error online. Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated.

Hi @rick215, The CMS uses PR labels to track entries statues (draft etc.) and it seems that error is coming from the git service (are you using GitHub, GitLab or Bitbucket?)

I would check the account settings to see if you have warnings related to that, and try regenerating the git-gateway token from Netlify site settings.

Hi @erez Thanks for your reply. We’re using GitHub and we did have an issue authenticating our GH account recently (for some reason). After regenerating the API token as you suggested, everything seems to be working. Thanks for your help!

1 Like