Another side using my domain

when i tried to add a custom domain (www.eee.studio) to my site (eeestudio.netlify.com), it said that “another site is using this domain”. however, i own the domain (bought through google domains). any suggestions?

Hello @flora-liu, have you tried to apply it on another Netlify site already?

hi andy, no i haven’t used www.eee.studio on another netlify site unfortunately. any ideas for how i can use it on eeestudio.netlify.com?

@andylemaire is there any way you can help unblock? i am confident i haven’t applied it to another side. thanks so much!

@fool hi there! i saw your help resolved another user that faced a similar issue. is there any way you can help me unblock the error: “another site is using this domain” when i tried to add my custom domain?

Hey @flora-liu, we’re working on this and hope to follow up with you shortly with either next steps or a resolution. The issue is that there seems to be another Netlify user who owned that domain name in the past and had it hooked up to their account. More soon, and thanks for your patience :pray:

Looks like someone named Billy set up a site with that domain in 2018. Do you know that person? At this point, we’ll need them to transfer the domain to you if you want to use it.

Hi Jen,

Hope you are well and staying safe amid the coronavirus.

Thanks so much! Really appreciate your help and hope this can be resolved soon. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Cheers,

Flora

1 Like

Hi Jen,

I don’t know Billy at all unfortunately. How would we ask him to transfer the domain to me?

Cheers,

Flora

We have sent you an email to the email address associated with your Netlify account, and we’ll communicate with you through that email to continue resolving this issue.
(Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.)

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.

Hope you are staying safe as well :slight_smile: