Another of My account - Another site is already using this domain

“Another site is already using this domain” error trying to set custom domain “steadyflare.com” on site “silly-banach-802d42”

How can I find which site or user account the domain is registered?

Thanks.

Hey @keberox,
It looks like that domain is under an account owner by someone named Michael. If that sounds familiar, the easiest way to do this would be for you to contact that person and tell them to delete the zone from their account here, at the bottom of this page:
https://app.netlify.com/teams/TEAM-NAME/dns/steadyflare.com

If you don’t know that person, we will have to ask you verify that you own the domain. To do this, you’ll have to create a DNS record that we then check:

1. Go to do your domain host (Bluehost, Gandi, Google, etc.)
  2. Add a TXT record with the following characteristics:
  • Name: verified-for-netlify. (don’t forget the dot at the end)
  • TTL: default
  • Text/Value: “#13892

Tell us when you’ve done that and we’ll go from there! :slight_smile:

Hi @jen, thanks for the quick response.
I am Michael, I own that account, I use a Gitlab.com account to access Netlify but using the Gitlab account where I have the source code of that domain does not show the domain itself.

I will add the TXT record in GoDaddy, thanks!

Hi @jen, I have added the TXT record.
Thanks.

Hey @keberox,
Typically, when someone proves that they own a domain that’s incorrectly attached to another account, we remove the DNS zone from the incorrect account so the actual domain owner can use it on their account. Since you own the other account though, and have several other DNS records attached to it, I’d want you to confirm that you want me to remove the zone from your other account. Is that correct? Unfortunately, you can’t share a domain name across multiple accounts.

The alternative is figuring out how to get you back into your other account. Let me know how you’d like to move forward!

Hi @Jen, yes please lets try to figure out under which account it is, I have checked the ones I remember and I dont see the domain in any of them.
What can I provide you with?

Thanks

Since we’re digging deep into verification now, let’s move this over to our helpdesk :slight_smile:

We have sent you an email to the email address associated with your Netlify account, and we’ll communicate with you through that email to continue resolving this issue.
(Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.)

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.