Add DNS record to connect to AWS EC2

Hey there,

So I’m setting up a web application with a Vue frontend that connects to a express backend running on an AWS EC2 instance

My front end runs on modeck.io, hosted here on Netlify and handled by Netlify DNS, how would I go about setting up a domain api.modeck.io that connects to the AWS EC2?

I’ve been using a seperate domain set up on a different domain with AWS Route 53 that connects to the EC2 through a load balancer but I’ve run into so many issues regarding cors that I would much rather try figure out if I can just have the EC2 connected straight to the one domain, api.modeck.io

It would make my life so much easier if I had the EC2 connected straight to Netlify DNS

Any assistance would be much appriciated!!
Steve

Hi, @SteveLewisZA, you would typically create a CNAME record pointing to the fully-qualified domain name for the EC2 instance.

If you have a dedicated IP address for the EC2 instance, then could instead create an A record pointing to the dedicated IP address.

​Please let us know if there are other questions about this.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I think I’ve figured out how to add certificate to api.modeck.io now, have done that through AWS, just need to remove the Netlify record I created, please unlock that record when you get a chance

Thanks!
Steve

Done, as per the other topic, @SteveLewisZA!

1 Like