Access to Netlify sites from Russia and Ukraine

After a lot of work, we are very pleased and proud to let our customers know that we have implemented a permanent solution to allow traffic from both Ukraine and Russia to access Netlify servers, allowing customers on all plans to launch apps and sites from Russia, and allow visitors from Russia to access those apps and sites :partying_face:

Because of a variety of challenges, this was previously only possible using a VPN.

A VPN is now no longer needed.

Please let us know if you experience any issues accessing Netlify sites from Russia so we can investigate.

3 Likes

A while ago, I noticed that I could open sites without a VPN, but I was a bit afraid of hoping that you’ve found a solution. I LOVE YOU, folks. You are amazing. Thank you! :partying_face:

1 Like

Yes, so glad to hear it is working. We waited a little bit to announce so we could be very, very sure we had a permanent solution as this has been such a longstanding request we had trouble implementing (for both technical and governmental reasons…)

We love you too - thanks for your patience & your loyalty!

2 Likes

Does it mean that traffic from Ukraine won’t go through Russia anymore? (I hope so)

The initial load was slow (~10s) with some 503 on images. But warming up gradually. (UA)

Hey there!
I am sorry to say that, but I’m afraid I still face some issues trying access the Mavo website (mavo.io): I get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. Yesterday everything worked perfectly fine (even in Incognito mode, I checked).

Will you please have a look at it? What additional info should I provide to help you?

hiya @DmitrySharabin: I think this is because you use DNSIMPLE rather than being blocked. Check out this article for best practices on config there (TL;DR you’ll want to AVOID the ALIAS or ANAME records): [Support Guide] Which are some good DNS providers for ALIAS/ANAME support?.

@web2033 yes, it means ukrainian traffic is served probably by the European nodes, but maybe singapore, depending on which is network-closer according to our DNS provider.

Thank you so much for your help. I will give the solution you proposed a try.

Please do let me know if that doesn’t work!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Site not accessible from Crimea