"Access Denied" when adding MX record

Here are the records in my domain:

odegards.com  3600  IN   NETLIFY   odes-static.netlify.com

www.odegards.com  3600   IN    NETLIFY odes-static.netlify.com

odegards.com  3600   IN   TXT    keybase-site-verification=

When I go to add an MX record, I get this error message: “Access Denied”

I am authenticated. I was able to delete the old MX records. What should I try next?

Try again :slight_smile: I just fixed a setting in our database that might have been blocking you…

1 Like

Worked this time. Thanks!

Hi guys,

I’m trying to setup Cockpit (a php based headless cms) on my ServerPilot / Digital Ocean account, as a subdomain of my main site (hosted on Netlify), but every time i try add a dns record I get access denied.

i tried a CNAME, with the name set to “edit” and the value to set to the DO/SP ip address and an A type with edit.smokeyfro.com as the name and the ip as the value, but the result is the same on both.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Chris

Hi @smokeyfro! Welcome to our Community!

Can you trying adding a DNS record again? I just fixed a setting in our database that may have been blocking you.

I am having the same issue @laura, still can’t change it.

Hopefully we can fix this so email is working.

Hi @danielgg! Welcome! What is the name of your site?

Hi Laura, thanks for the quick response.

The site is danielgg.com

@danielgg OK thanks! I made a change in our database, can you trying adding a DNS record again?

Hi Laura,

Thanks for checking. Seems all good now :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Chris

Hi,

It seems that I’m having a similar problem as I’m getting access denied message whenever I try to configure the MX at migadu.com. Would someone please help me?

My site name is youssef.fi

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:
Youssef Mansour

Hi, @mansouryoussef7.

First, welcome to our Netlify community! And, second, I have made the change for this DNS Zone in our database.

Would you please try adding the MX record again now? If it doesn’t work, please reply anytime.

Hi there

I’m having the same issue adding a TXT record for ntutu.co.za.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @BInnovations! Welcome to our community! I made a change in our database, can you trying adding a DNS record again?

Thank you @laura, working now