About Domain transfer

I am uploading my site using Netlify, but at the same time I purchased my domain through Netlify. . According to Netlify, I got my domain from name.com. But my domain that contacted name.com was not handled.
So I don’t know where my domain comes.
This time, I am considering transferring the domain.
Please tell me how to transfer the domain or my Auth Code.
My Domain : beta-neo.com
Thank you very much.

Hi, @ko_one, and welcome to our Netlify community site. :+1:

We have a topic that discusses transferring domains here:

To summarize that topic, if you create an account at Name.com, verify your contact information there, and then send us your account id for Name.com's service we’ll be happy to transfer the domain to your direct control there. (There is no charge to do this with either service - Netlify or Name.com.)

Once this is done you will be able to directly control the domain there (including transferring it to another registrar if you prefer).

Also, if you don’t want to transfer the domain you can still point it do a site hosted outside of Netlify by editing the DNS settings. Also, if you want to use a domain name with a NETLIFY or NETLIFYv6 record type in the domain settings, then our support team will need to the the NETLIFY/NETLIFYv6 records first.

​Please let us know if there are other questions and/or if you want to transfer this domain to your own account at Name.com.

Hi, thank you very much for your kind answer.
Thought I’m Japanese that can’t write or read English well, I could understand your advice.
Really thank you.
A few days before, I created an account with Name.com. I have already put my information at ICANN.
My Name.com account code is 2033384-7f0ec4d.
I would like you to start the process of transferring the domain to me.
Is that OK?
Do you understand my English?

Finally I must say ‘thank you’ again. This is my big problem for me.

Hi, @ko_one, when I tried to transfer I got this error:

The contact information for the receiving account has not been verified. Press Transfer Domain to continue the transfer process without changing domain contacts. Or, verify the domain contacts from the new account and try again later

Would you please double check that the contact details have been updated with Name.com? There is a link to those instructions below:

https://www.name.com/support/articles/115013814748-Contact-Information-Validation

Once the contact details are verified, the transfer should go through. ​Please let us know when these are updated and we’ll try transferring again.

Also, your English is very good and definitely better than my Japanese! :+1:

Hi, (Luke).

Thank you for your efforts for me.

I reposted a new question about the domain by email. because new users can only put 6 links in a post.

Sorry, new users can only put 6 links in a post.

I posted to this place because Name.com said that Netlify will tell you how to solve it.

Fortunately, you have been very kind about the process.

But in the end, sorry that I couldn’t get to the place you introduced.

All I know is I want to find where my domain I got through Netlify and control it.

I don’t know what to do.

I wonder if I should give up.

I’ll tell you the email from the company for your reference.

I wouldn’t give up if I were you! You’re very close! You should check with their tech support for more specific details, @ko_one - this is a page you get to on their service, that is about your login there. It doesn’t (yet) have anything to do with your domain which we own. You are confirming your login’s ICANN contact details on their system, and we can’t guide you further than that, but their tech support surely can :slight_smile:

Hi, Thanks for your support, I will try again.
I have been changed my account contact information details. [ko_one@me.com]
Now I show you My Account Code: 2033384-7f0ec4d .
Would you please help me with this code.
Thank you.

I will follow up with an email to confirm and complete your request! :slight_smile:

Thank you very, very, very, much!
Doumo Arigato!(Japanese)

I’ll checked. So happy to find my domain on the list.

1 Like