"A DNS zone for this domain already exists under a different account" - Can't contact support

“A DNS zone for this domain already exists under a different account” error creating DNS zone for “sultan.se”

It was set up on our freelance developers own netlify but we needed to transfer it from that account to our new one.

She has removed it from her account, but we still get:

A DNS zone for this domain already exists under a different account

DNS zones must be unique across Netlify. If you wish to claim the DNS zone for this account, please contact support.

But as a free user i can’t add this in the support form, and are referred to the community. Can you please help me “unlock” it so we can use it?

@yollyflopp,

Hey!

When you delete a site, you won’t be able to immediately re-use domains. This propagation process can take up to a couple of days.

In future, you are more than welcome to ask us to transfer sites between accounts here within Community.

In the meantime, I’ll explore what we can do backend to speed this process up for you.

OK, we didn’t know that. She deleted it on tuesday (24th) and we still can’t add it on our account.

It’s been a week since user ‘hello@elina.io’ removed sultan.se from her netlify space but i still get:

"A DNS zone for this domain already exists under a different account

DNS zones must be unique across Netlify. If you wish to claim the DNS zone for this account, please [contact support]"

When I try to add it to our accont ‘info@sultan.se’ is there anything you can do to help us?

Hey there @yollyflopp, could you please check your domain settings again? I believe we’ve taken care of this, but would love confirmation from you!